CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's soccer team continued their strong start to start the season and recorded their second straight shutout as the Scarlet Hawks blanked the Alma Scots, 1-0, Sunday afternoon.
How It Happened
- Julia Taliana scored her first goal of the season, early in the match, as she beat the keeper left in the second minute.
- Illinois Tech outshot Alma, 17-11.
- The Scarlet Hawks defense stepped up for the second game in a row, only allowing two shots on goal.
- Catherine Klemp recorded two saves and allowed no goals for Illinois Tech.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Senior Katie Hoefgen picked up her first assist of the year which gives her 11 points on the season and also recorded four shots with one being on goal.
- Sophomore Julia Taliana joins the statsheet for the Scarlet Hawks as she scored her first goal of the season and recorded five total shots.
- Freshman goalkeeper Catherine Klemp recorded a shutout in goal as she did not allow a goal and recorded two saves.
- Katie Hoefgen had four shots with one being on goal.
- Illinois Tech's starting four defenders, including two freshmen. Senior Katherine Nishimoto, freshman Julia Honda, junior Madison Harris and freshman Kimi Casupang allowed no goals, two shots on goal today which helped the Scarlet Hawks record their second straight shutout victory.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Wednesday, Sept. 12 as the Scarlet Hawks travel to Carroll University in Waukesha, Wis. to take on the Pioneers, match time is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. (CT).