CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois Tech women's soccer team played host to the Rockford Regents in a Thursday night match. A dominant performance by Tech led to a 12-0 win, the team's largest goal output in three seasons.
How it Happened
- In the first few minutes of the match, the Scarlet Hawks were an offensive force. Brianne Dane put Tech ahead in the match's first minute with her first collegiate goal.
- Katie Hoefgen assisted on the first goal. She then didn't waste any time finding the back of the net herself, scoring twice over the next few minutes. Taliana assisted on both goals.
- In the 16th minute, Hoefgen completed the early hat trick on a breakaway to make the score 4-0.
- Brianna Kelly scored her first collegiate goal a few minutes later, once again from Hoefgen. Taliana scored courtesy of Daisy Tellez a few minutes later.
- One of the most impressive goals of the half may have been the seventh for Tech, as Erin James lofted a beautiful pass from the defensive zone to lead Taliana, who had a one-on-one goal. Taliana scored once again for her had trick courtsey of Tellez.
- After assisting twice, Tellez scored herself off of a deflection.
- In the second half, Taliana and Hoefgen connected once again for Tech's 10th goal. Talina followed that up with a goal of her own to make the score 11-0.
- Kirsten Robinson also joined in on the scoring, as a Katherine Nishimoto corner kick led to a James header, which set-up Robinson for her second tally of the season.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Taliana scored four times, had three assists, attempted 12 shots, and had seven shots on goal.
- Hoefgen also had four goals to go along with two assists, five shots, and four shots on net.
- Tellez scored once and had two assists.
- Dane scored and had three shots, all of them on net.
- Kelly had a goal on three shots and two shots on net.
- James assisted twice.
- Robinson scored a goal on eight shots.
Stats to Know
- Shots were in favor of Tech (42-6)
- Tech had 10 corners compared to two for the Regents.
- Fouls were few and far between, as just a combined eight were called (five for Rockford, three for Tech).
- The 12 goals were a most in a match for Tech since a 17-0 win on November 2, 2014, a 17-0 win over Finlandia.
- Illinois Tech will play on the road at 10:00 a.m. at St. Mary of the Woods on Saturday.