CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's soccer team hosted the unbeaten Kohawks of Coe College on Saturday afternoon for the 2017 Homecoming game. Coe jumped out to a first half lead as Tech was unable to recover, falling 3-0.
How it Happened
- Sydney Schroeder scored in the 27th minute for Coe after the Scarlet Hawks were tight defensively to begin the match.
- Coe added another tally quickly, as Shalyn Kinney scored on a Schroeder pass in the next minute.
- Jordan Holmes scored for Coe in the 33rd minute to extend the lead to 3-0.
- The Scarlet Hawks responded with more chances in the second half, as shots were even at 5-5. However, Tech was unable to find the back of the net while keeping the Kohawks scoreless.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Katie Hoefgen led the team with three shots and two shots on goal.
- Erin James attempted a shot on goal.
Stats to Know
- Coe outshot Tech 16-7 overall and 10-3 on net.
- Coe goalkeeper MJ Winterer has yet to allow a goal this season.
- Coe outcornered Tech 8-2.
- The Scarlet Hawks are back in action on Monday at Dominican University. Tech will oppose the Stars at 4:00 p.m. in River Forest.