CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois Tech women's soccer team made the short drive to Concordia-Chicago on Thursday to oppose the CUC Cougars. The same slowed down after a fast start, with the teams playing to a 2-2 draw.
How it Happened
- Four minutes into the match, the Cougars jumped out to a 1-0 lead with a Sydney FUller goal.
- In what would become a theme in the first half, Tech responded to the CUC tally. A lead pass from Kirsten Robinson found Julia Taliana, who scored in the 11th minute to tie things at 1-1.
- Concordia would take a 2-1 lead in the 21st minute, but just 50 seconds later, the Scarlet Hawks would have another answer. Taliana made a tricky cross to Erin James, who scored to tie the match once again.
- While the Scarlet Hawks controlled possession much of the first half, it was Concordia's turn in the second, outshooting the Hawks 8-4. The defense held strong as the match went to overtime.
- In the extra periods, the Scarlet Hawks were able to outshoot the Cougars 6-2. However, Concordia was able to turn away the opportunities to force a draw.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Talina had a goal and an assist on a team-high six shots (three on goal).
- James took three shots (two on goal), scoring once.
- Robinson tallied an assist and two shots (both on net).
- Katie Hoefgen also attempted six shots and three shots on goal.
Stats to Know
- The Scarlet Hawks outshot the Cougars 22-17.
- Tech had seven corners compared to three for CUC.
- The Cougars forced the tie in large part due to 11 saves.
- Tech will host Coe College on Saturday at 3:00 p.m. for Homecoming. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.