RIPON, Wis. – The Illinois Tech women's soccer team resumed its season on Saturday, traveling to Ripon College for a 2:00 p.m. match. After an even first half, Ripon used a strong last 45 minutes to beat Tech 4-1.
How it Happened
- Goalkeeper Elizabeth Bremer made four saves in the first half, allowing Tech to head to halftime tied at 0-0 despite being outshot 5-3.
- Ripon used a quick offensive flurry to build a 3-0 lead in a span of just six minutes. The Red Hawks scored in the 58th, 62nd, and 64th minutes, all on crosses.
- The Scarlet Hawks were able to get on the board in the 88th minutes, as Kirsten Robinson scored her first goal of the season on a header off of a Katherine Nishimoto free kick.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Robinson netted Tech's lone goal on her only shot of the match.
- Nishimoto added the assist.
- Julia Taliana attempted a team-high six shots and three shots on goal.
Stats to Know
- Despite the 4-1 final, shots were even at 12-12.
- Ripon narrowly led in shots on goal (10-9).
- Tech committed eight fouls compared to Ripon's seven.
- Tech is back at it tomorrow, taking on UW-Stevens Point on the road at 1:00 p.m.