Oct 25, 2016
CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois Tech women's soccer team wrapped up the season on Tuesday night with a match against Elmhurst College at Stuart Field. Tech fell 2-0 and moved to 6-12-1 on the season.
How it Happened
- Despite outshooting the Scarlet Hawks 8-2 in the first half, Elmhurst was held scoreless by the Tech defense. Regining USCAA Goalkeeper of the Week Jessica Park stopped four shots in the first 45 minutes.
- The Bluejays were able to get on the board in the second half, scoring in the 51st minute. An unassisted goal from Sidney O'Keeffee gave EC a 1-0 lead.
- Another O'Keeffee, Courtney, was able to score for Elmhurst just nine minutes later to build the lead.
- Katie Hoefgen recorded two shots on goal over the final thirty minutes of the match, but the Scarlet Hawks were unable to find the back of the net.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Park recorded seven saves in the loss.
- Both of Hoefgen's shots were on net.
- Anida Phetchanpheng, who was named AD3I Player of the Week earlier in the day, recorded two shots.
Stats to Know
- EC outshot Tech 18-6.
- Elmhurst had five corners compared to just one for Tech.
- The Bluejays had the match's only yellow card.