Oct 20, 2016
CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's soccer team competed at the University of Chicago on Thursday afternoon against the nationally-ranked Maroons. Tech fell 4-0.
How it Happened
- The first half was controlled by the Maroons, starting as early as the 12th minute. Chicago's Mia Calamari scored on a turnover in the box to put UC up 1-0.
- Just four minutes later, Chicago's Jenna McKinney scored just under the crossbar to extend the lead to 2-0.
- In the 22nd minute, Chicago added on. McKinney scored for the second time of the match. The 3-0 score held into halftime.
- The second half was more defensively dominated, but Chicago managed a goal in the 45th minute courtesy of Rachel Dias.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Kirsten Robinson and Katie Hoefgen each led the Hawks with three shots and two shots on goal.
- Anida Phetchanpheng attempted a shot on goal.
- Jessica Park made 12 saves.
Stats to Know
- Chicago outshot the Hawks 31-7
- Chicago attempted 11 corner kicks compared to zero for Tech.
- No cards were issued for the match.
- The Scarlet Hawks will host Alverno College at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday for Senior Day. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.