THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. - The Illinois Tech women's soccer team opposed Cal Lutheran on the final day of the trip to California. The Scarlet Hawks were defeated by a score of 5-1 to move to 4-10-1.
How it Happened
- Things were tight in the first half, with Cal Lutheran outshooting Tech 8-5. The only half's tally belonged to Lutheran in the 32nd minute.
- The offense picked up for lutheran after the intermission, as the team scored in the 52nd and 67th minute to pull ahead 3-0.
- Illinois Tech would get on the board in the 87th minute, was Golbou Azadeh-Tehrany scored off of a rebound from Anida Phetchanpheng. It was the first goal and assist of the season for both players.
- Cal Lutheran's Tessa Dwyer scored in the 87th and 89th minutes to bring the score to its 5-1 final.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Azadeh-Tehrany scored on her only shot.
- Phetchanpheng added an assist and two shots.
- Daisy Tellez and Madison Harris also chipped in two shots each.
Stats to Know
- The Scarlet Hawks were outshot 28-9.
- Corner kicks were in favor of Cal Lutheran (8-1).
- The match featured no cards for either team and just 12 combined fouls.
- Women's Soccer has a week off from competition before the team plays at North Park University on Monday, October 17. Match time is set for 7:00 p.m.