Sep 25, 2016
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – The Illinois Tech women's soccer team played a Sunday afternoon match at Coe College. Tech fell 1-0 to the Kohawks.
How it Happened
- Coe controlled possession early, and it paid off with a goal. Morgan Petsche scored off of a Danielle Dahl assist to go up 1-0.
- Both teams were scoreless for the rest of the half. An Anida Phetchanpheng shot went wide in the 43rd minute, which was the last chance either team had before intermission.
- Both teams traded shots in the second half, but Tech had some late chances. In the last 10 seconds of the match, a Kirsten Robinson shot was blocked and an Olivia Kochanek shot missed high, ending the match.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Robinson shot three times and had the team's only shot on goal.
- Phetchanpheng was the only other Scarlet Hawk to attempt multiple shots (two).
- Jessica Park made eight saves in the defeat.
Stats to Know
- Tech was outshot by Coe 13-8, but held a 7-6 advantage in the second half.
- Coe attempted two corners compared to Tech's one.
- Coe had nine shots on net compared to Tech's one.
- The Scarlet Hawks travel to Maranatha Baptist on Friday evening at 4:00 p.m.