CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's soccer team played host to St. Mary of the Woods in a matchup of two USCAA schools on Wednesday. The Scarlet Hawks found the win column as they beat the Pomeroys 2-1.
How It Happened
- It was an early start for the Pomeroys, as Yadira Castellanos would open up the scoring with an unassisted goal seven minutes into the game.
- The Scarlet Hawks continual offensive pressure would eventually pay off when off a Kirsten Robinson corner kick, the rebound would find Madison Harris for the goal. The goal came with only 16 seconds remaining in the half.
- The second half saw more offensive pressure from the Scarlet Hawks. This time, the offense capitalized on a free kick goal from Kirsten Robinson in the 84th minute.
- The Tech defense stood strong for the remainder of the match, as the team took home a 2-1 victory.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Madison Harris would score once on three shots, with her tally coming on her only shot on goal.
- Kirsten Robinson had one shot on goal and four shots total. Her goal also came on her lone shot on net.
- Elizabeth Bremer would also tally three shots with one shot on goal.
Stats to Know
- Both teams would combine to have six shots in the first half.
- Illinois Tech would out shoot SMW 11-1 in the second half, with eight of the Tech shots coming before the Pomeroys only shot.
- The Scarlet Hawks would attempt seven corner kicks to SMW's three.
- The Scarlet Hawks open up a three-match road trip on Friday at Rockford. Game time is set for 5:00 p.m.