BELOIT, Wis. - The first Illinois Tech women's lacrosse season of the Meghan Brady era came to a close on Tuesday evening as the Scarlet Hawks (8-7, 7-4 MWLC) traveled to face Midwest Women's Lacrosse Conference foe Beloit College (3-14, 2-9 MWLC). Tech staved off some early pressure from the Buccaneers to close the season on a four-match winning streak, defeating Beloit 18-6.
How it Happened
- Beloit matched the Scarlet Hawks early, playing to an even 3-3 score just over 12 minutes into the match.
- Alyssa DeLuca and Jennifer Young scored the next three goals to give Tech its first sizable lead at 6-3. After a Beloit tally, DeLuca and Shanie Scoles combined for three more goals to give the Scarlet Hawks a 9-4 halftime advantage.
- Tech's run continued out of intermission, scoring the first five goals of the half to go up by 10.
- The Scoles, DeLuca, and Young show continued on offense, as the trio scored all of Tech's second half goals and four of the final six to put the match away.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- DeLuca closed out the season with a seven-goal, nine-shot performance. She also had five ground balls and five draw controls.
- Scoles and Young each had five goals and two assists. Scoles added 10 draw controls and four ground balls, while Young had four ground balls as well.
- Isabella Rubin had one goal and one assist.
- Jessica Cochis had four saves and moved her record to 7-3.
Stats to Know
- Ground balls were even at 18.
- The Scarlet Hawks dominated on the draw, leading 19-7.
- Tech doubled Beloit on shot attempts 35-17.