CHICAGO, Ill. - Through driving wind and rain, the Scarlet Hawks earned a victory on the final match of the 2017 season, downing the Buccaneers of Beloit College 13-6. Tech moved to 15-2 overall and 10-1 in Midwest Women's Lacrosse Conference play, setting program records for both while clinching a share of the MWLC title.
How it Happened
- Isabella Rubin and the Scarlet Hawks started fast, scoring twice over the first three minutes. Madison Meredith scored shortly after to give the team a 3-0 advantage.
- The two teams traded goals for the rest of the match, bringing the score to 6-3 at halftime.
- To start the second half, the Scarlet Hawks tallied five goals over the first 10 minutes. Rubin tallied three of those, as Tech led 11-5 with 21:32 to play.
- It was a quiet end of the match, but Sarah Maciorowski capped off her collegiate career with the match's final tally.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Rubin scored six times to lead all players.
- Madison Meredith scored four goals while adding one assist, four ground balls, and three draw controls.
- Maciorowski scored two goals and had an assist in her final match.
- DeLuca cored one goal and led the team with four draw controls.
Stats to Know
- Tech outshot Beloit 35-12.
- Tech led in draw controls 12-6.
- Each team had 13 clears.