MONMOUTH, Ill. – The Illinois Institute of Technology women's lacrosse team opened up Midwest Women's Lacrosse Conference play on Saturday afternoon at Monmouth College. Tech controlled the game from start to finish en route to a 19-5 victory.
- Tech (2-0, 1-0)
- Monmouth (0-4, 0-2)
How it Happened
- Tech started the game quickly, scoring four times over the first 6:30. Sarah Maciorowski scored two of the four early tallies as Tech led 4-1 after 10 minutes of play.
- Another burst of offense propelled the lead even higher. The Scarlet Hawks scored three times from 16:42 to 15:26, with the last of the three goals coming once again from Maciorowski off of Mallory Tognetti's first collegiate assist.
- Tech score three more times in the first half: twice from Isabel Fitzpatrick-Meyers and once from Alyssa DeLuca. Two of the three goals were with a man advantage as the Scarlet Hawks led 10-3 at intermission.
- The Scarlet Hawks scored three more times over the first 2:30 of the second half. After the Fighting Scots scored at the 22:50 mark, Tech went on a 5-0 run over the next 14 minutes. DeLuca and Maciorowski each scored twice on the run, which Maciorowski and Madison Meredith each assisted twice.
- Monmouth and the Scarlet Hawks each scored once the rest of the way, with Tech's goal coming from Isabella Rubin on a man advantage.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Maciorowski had one of the most productive afternoons of her career. The junior scored five times on five shot attempts, tied for the team lead with three assists, had one ground ball, and one draw control.
- DeLuca led the team with six goals for the second straight game. She also added two ground balls.
- Fitzpatrick-Meyers scored four times and added two ground balls.
- Meredith scored twice, added three assists, and led the team with four draw controls.
- Tognetti tallied two assists.
- Rubin accompanied her goal with four ground balls, three draw controls, and a caused turnover.
- Abbie Reynolds earned the victory in net to go 2-0 on the season.
Stats to Know
- Tech outshot the Scots 36-14.
- The Scarlet Hawks were a strong 21-of-24 on clears, while Monmouth was 12-of-22.
- Tech won the battle in ground balls 18-9.
- Illinois Tech will take its talents to the state of Michigan for a mid-week match with Alma College. The Scarlet Hawks will play at Alma on Tuesday, March 7 at 4:00 p.m.