CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's basketball team were unable to pick up a home Northern Athletic Collegiate Athletic Conference game against Marian (Wis.) Tuesday.
The Sabres (1-14, 1-9 NACC) defeated the Scarlet Hawks (0-12, 0-8 NACC), 70-55, at the Keating Sports Center on Tuesday.
How It Happened
- Marian (Wis.) jumped out of the gate leading 24-7 after the first quarter as the Sabres shot 66.7% from the field.
- The Sabres cooled down in the second quarter as Illinois Tech and Marian (Wis.) were pretty even in the second quarter with MU outscored Tech 16-14 in the period to take a 19-point lead into the break.
- Illinois Tech came out of the second half on a great start as the Scarlet Hawks outscored the Sabres 17-13 in the third period.
- Marian (Wis.) put the game away for good in the fourth quarter outscoring Tech in the narrowest of margins, 18-17.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Shannon O'Donnell led Illinois Tech on the night with 19 points and five assists.
- Madison Davis was also in double figures for the Scarlet Hawks, recording 11 points and pulling down eight rebounds.
- Erin Nelson recorded a season-high and 10 boards.
- Raiven Johnson also had a big night on the boards, pulling down a season-high eight rebounds.
- Illinois Tech returns to the court later this week, Thursday, January 10 as the Scarlet Hawks host Wisconsin Lutheran at the Keating Sports Center starting at 7:00 p.m. CT.