MILWAUKEE, Wis. - The Illinois Tech women's basketball team played its second game in as many days on Friday evening, opposing the Blue Angels of Mount Mary University in Milwaukee. A dominant start for the Blue Angels doomed the Scarlet Hawks, as Tech fell 77-50.
How it Happened
- Mount Mary impressed early on, shooting 71.4% in the first quarter and nailing three three-pointers to take a commanding 18-point lead after 10 minutes.
- Tech's offense slumped throughout the first half, as the Scarlet Hawks managed just 16 points and trailed by 29 at the intermission.
- The third quarter was Tech's best, as Raiven Johnson propelled the Scarlet Hawks to 20 points with eight of her own and a perfect 3-for-3 shooting performance. Tech outscored the Angels 20-7 in the quarter.
- Johnson netted two more and Shannon O'Donnell added seven as Tech scored 14 more in the fourth, but Mount Mary scored 25 and shot 50% in the quarter to build the lead back up before the final buzzer.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- O'Donnell scored 21 points on 8-of-15 shooting while also chipping in six rebounds and five assists.
- Johnson had 10 bench points.
- Madison Davis had nine points on three three-pointers.
- Erin Nelson led Tech with 10 rebounds.
Stats to Know
- The Scarlet Hawks outrebounded the Angels 43-36.
- On the offensive glass, the Scarlet Hawks recorded an impressive 20 rebounds.
- Mount Mary shot 46.7% compared to Tech's 28.8%.
- The Scarlet Hawks take the court next on Wednesday at St. Mary's University, with tip-off taking place at 7:30 p.m. central (8:30 p.m. eastern).