Jan 13, 2018
ADRIAN, Mich. – The Illinois Tech women's basketball team traveled to Adrian to take on the Bulldogs on Saturday, fighting hard but eventually falling by a score of 84-73.
How it Happened
- Both teams traded baskets in the first quarter, with six lead-changes between the two. Four of the five Scarlet Hawk starters scored in the initial quarter, with Shannon O'Donnell leading the way with seven points in the first. Adrian led by one after one.
- The Bulldogs managed to get out to a seven point lead after three minutes into the second quarter. O'Donnell added six more points in the quarter while Erin Efimoff added eight first half points but Adrian continued to grow their lead, holding a 46-29 advantage at halftime.
- Raiven Johnson added two quick baskets for the Scarlet Hawks to begin the second half, cutting into the deficit. Despite a balanced attack, Tech could not close the gap to less than 10 by the end of the quarter and trailed 66-56.
- To begin the fourth quarter, Madison Davis scored eight points in less than two minutes and Tech only trailed by eight 72-64. Adrian's leading scorer Emily Somerville scored 11 of her 25 points in the second half and closed the game out down the stretch for the Bulldogs, who took with victory 84-73.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Shannon O'Donnell led the Hawks with a double-double 32 points and 10 rebounds. O'Donnell also had five assists and three steals
- Erin Efimoff scored 20 points and pulled down eight rebounds. She added three steals and an assist
- Madison Davis also scored in double-digits with six assist and two steals
Stats to Know
- Rebounds were favor of Adrian 49-34
- Adrian also led in assists (18-13)
- Tech led 20-19 in points off turnovers
- Points in the paint were tied at 32
- Tech will continue the road trip in Michigan against Grace Bible on Tuesday, January 16 at 4:00 p.m. CT