CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois tech women's basketball team played host to Maranatha Baptist University on Saturday afternoon at the Keating Sports Center. Despite another fantastic game from freshman Shannon O'Donnell, Tech was defeated 68-38 by the Sabercats.
How it Happened
- Maranatha shot well early, scoring a quick five points in the first minute. The visitors used 11 points from Kelsey Johnson (nine of which came on three-pointers) to take a 19-8 lead after one.
- Tech's intensity turned up in the second quarter, as Shannon O'Donnell brought some offense. She scored eight of the team's 12 points as Tech trailed 32-20 at the break.
- In the third quarter, Maranatha used the foul line to extend the lead. The Sabercats scored 20 points behind 9-of-12 free throw numbers.
- The Scarlet Hawks struggled offensively down the stretch, leading to MBU's 30-point victory margin.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- O'Donnell's freshman season continues to get better and better. She followed up her 34-point Wednesday with another 26 in this game. The Lemont, Illinois native also had eight rebounds and four steals.
- Erin Efimoff narrowly missed a double-double with eight points and 11 rebounds.
Stats to Know
- O'Donnell now has 60 points over the last two games and accounted for 68% of the team's offense today.
- Tech hits the road for a contest at Lake Forest College on Monday night at 7:00 p.m.