RIVER FOREST, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's basketball team made the short trip west to Dominican University on Wednesday to take on a future Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference opponent. The Stars used an impressive offensive game to down the Scarlet Hawks 93-55.
How it Happened
- The Scarlet Hawks were able to keep the Stars close in the first quarter behind eight Shannon O'Donnell points. Dominican had five different players score to lead 16-11 after one.
- In the second quarter, DU's Amari Stafford scored nine points to help the Stars extend the lead to 35-21 at halftime.
- Dominican dominated the second half, shooting over 60% in both quarters en route to 58 points.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Kaylee Wicka led the Scarlet Hawks with 21 points with five rebounds, six steals, and six blocks. She was also 8-of-11 from the foul line.
- O'Donnell finished with 15 points with three steals.
- Madison Davis and Erin Efimoff each had nine points.
Stats to Know
- Dominican finished with a shooting percentage of 45.6%. The Stars also shot 53.8% from the three-point line. Stafford was an astounding 10-of-12 from downtown.
- Tech committed just 17 turnovers compared to Tech's 22.
- Tech fell to 0-5 on the year while the Stars moved to 3-2.
- The Scarlet Hawks will host North Central (Minn.) on Friday night at 6:00 p.m. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.