Nov 19, 2016
CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois Tech women's basketball team opened the season at the Anderson University tip-off tournament on Friday evening. The Scarlet Hawks fell to the Ravens 70-35.
How it Happened
- It was a slow start for the Tech offense in the first quarter, as the team managed just five points. Anderson went on an 8-0 run after an and-one from Kaylee Wicka and led 16-5 after 10 minutes.
- The offensive woes continued for Tech in the second quarter, as Anderson extended its lead to 35-14 at the intermission.
- In the third quarter, the Scarlet Hawks managed to put 10 points on the board, highlighted by an and-one play from Madison Davis. Tech trailed 52-24 after three.
- The Scarlet Hawks had its most successful quarter in the fourth, scoring 11 points. Davis had five points to lead the Hawks in the quarter.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Davis led the Scarlet Hawks in scoring in her first collegiate game, dropping 13 points. Six of those 13 came from beyond the arc.
- Wicka tallied 11 points and six rebounds to go along with a game-high three blocked shots.
- Erin Efimoff led Tech in minutes (32) and rebounds (eight) in her first college game. She also led the team with two steals and scored four points.
Stats to Know
- Tech held Anderson to 38.1% shooting. The Scarlet Hawks shot 22.0%.
- The Scarlet Hawks were 7-of-10 (70%) from the free throw line. AU was 13-of-22 (59.1%).
- Tech blocked four shots compared to Anderson's two.
- The Scarlet Hawks will square off against Kenyon tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. eastern time (1:00 p.m. central time) in the third-place game of the Anderson Tournament. Anderson will provide live audio, video, and stats. Links to all live coverage can be found on the women's basketball schedule page.