FOND DU LAC, Wis. – The Illinois Tech men's volleyball team took a trip north to Wisconsin on Saturday for a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Contest against Marian. The Sabres (7-9, 5-3 NACC) defeated the Scarlet Hawks (2-13, 1-8 NACC) in straight sets.
- Marian 3, Tech 0 (18-25, 21-25 16-25)
How it Happened
- The Sabres jumped ahead 5-1 in the first set before the Scarlet Hawks went on a 3-0 run. Despite a few other runs, the Hawks were never able to take a lead in the set.
- Set two started more of the same way, as Marian started fast (4-0 run) before Tech stormed back. This time, the Scarlet Hawks jumped ahead, with a lead reaching as high as three on two separate occasions courtesy of Andriy Bench kills. However, Marian was undeterred, re-taking a lead and then sealing the deal with the set's last three points.
- In set three, the Sabres never trailed and led by as much as 11 thanks to a .583 team hitting percentage.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Bench continued his strong season with 10 more kills and an impressive .474 hit percentage.
- Easton Kays also contributed eight kills, while Michel Johnson added six.
- Derek Bostick put in a team-best 14 kills.
- Playing the setter position, Lukasz Kupiec had 29 assists.
- Tech travels to Maranatha Baptist University for a 6:00 p.m. contest on Tuesday.