MILWAUKEE, Wis. – The Illinois Tech men's volleyball team traveled to Wisconsin on Thursday to face Cardinal Stritch University. The Hawks fought hard throughout, but were not able to overcome the Wolves and lost in straight sets.
- Cardinal 3, Tech 0 (25-19, 25-15, 25-22)
How It Happened
- The Hawks found themselves up by three (9-6) in the first set, but a four point streak by the Wolves helped put the set out of reach for the 25-19 win.
- Tech started the second set flat-footed and found themselves quickly down 17-6. The team would not be able to overcome the deficit and fell 25-15.
- The third set was the best set for the Hawks, building a 9-3 lead by a couple of aces from Evan Robeck. The Wolves, though, clawed back and tied the game at 14.
- The Hawks managed to weather the storm and build a small late lead, but with the score at 22-20, the Wolves put together a five-point spurt to win the set (25-22) and match.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- David Allen and Michael Drews led the Hawks in kills with six each
- Lukasz Kupiec led Tech in assists with 21; he also had one kill and one service ace.
- Robeck ended the match with four kills and two service aces.
Stats to Know
- The Wolves had 32 kills, seven more than the Hawks (25).
- Tech managed five service aces compared to 10 for Cardinal Stritch.
- Both teams were about even in assists. The Hawks tallied 24, three less than the Wolves (27).
- The Scarlet Hawks will travel to North Central College in Naperville on Saturday, March 25, to take on Fontbonne and North Central College as part of a tri-match. The matches are set to begin at 2:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. respectively. Live stats will be available for both matches.