CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois Tech men's volleyball team hosted its final regular season home match of the season on Saturday in the Keating Sports Center. Tech fell in straight sets to Wittenberg University.
- Wittenberg 3, Tech 0 (25-9, 25-22)
How it Happened
- The first set was all Wittenberg as the Scarlet Hawks struggled to gain traction offensivley. An early 7-0 run put the Tigers up 8-2. The Ohio school slowly built on the lead in a dominant win.
- The Scarlet Hawks came out of the gate much stronger in the second set, building a lead as high as four at 14-10. When Wittenberg tied the score up at 14, the Hawks worked to build the lead back up to 20-16. However, the Tigers put on a fierce late run, outscoring the 9-2 the rest of the way for the set two victory.
- In the third set, the Tigers carried over its late momentum in set two, building a 6-2 lead to start. The Scarlet Hawks would pull to within two, but the Tigers held strong and pulled away for the win.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Lukasz Kupiec led the team with two service aces, 11 kills, and 13 assists. He also had two assisted blocks.
- David Allen chipped in six kills.
- Derek Bostic led all players with 13 digs. Evan Robeck led all players with three assisted blocks.
- Men's Volleyball will travel to Milwaukee, Wisconsin on Thursday evening to take on Cardinal Stritch University at 7:00 p.m.