CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's volleyball team hosted Adrian College Friday night at the Keating Sports Center in a five-set match. The Bulldogs were able to tie the match at two sets a piece, but the Hawks were able to finish it off winning the final set 15-12 and the match 3-2.
- Tech 3, Adrian 2 (25-18, 21-25, 25-21, 24-26, 15-12)
How It Happened
- Tech built an early 12-6 lead and led as much as seven in the first set. The Hawks never looked back and cruised to an easy 25-18 win.
- The Hawks continued their success on offense and built a 12-8 lead, but the Bulldogs were able to fight back, lead by Eduardo Aleman, and won the second set 25-21.
- With the match tied 1-1, the Hawks relied on the offense of Lukasz Kupiec (seven kills) to recapture the lead with a 25-21 third set victory.
- The fourth set proved to be an entertaining one. The Hawks led all set and at one point had match point (24-21), but the Bulldogs dug deep and strung off six consecutive points to win the set 26-24.
- Both teams exchanged points to start the final set, but the Hawks were able to gain a three point cushion (13-10) and ultimately take down the Bulldogs, 15-12, to win the match.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Kupiec had a match high 23 kills to go along with 16 assists and seven digs.
- Andrew Woltman was one of the anchors on offense, tallying a team high 28 assists. He also had nine digs.
- David Allen had an effective match, scoring nine kills, a match-high five aces, 11 digs, and one assist.
- Libero Derek Bostick had a team high in digs (19) to go along with three assists.
Stats to Know
- Tech had nine service aces, five more than the Bulldogs (4).
- The Hawks tallied 51 assists compared to 44 for Adrian College. It lead to 54 kills, seven more than the Bulldogs (47).
- Both teams were close in digs as the Hawks tallied only two more (61) than the Bulldogs (59).
- Tech will play again tomorrow, February 24, in a tri-match at the Keating Sports Center. The Scarlet Hawks will face Marian (Wis.) at 11:00 a.m. followed by North Central College at 3:00 p.m. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.