Feb 10, 2017
ST. LOUIS, Mo. - The Illinois Tech men's volleyball team traveled to Fontbonne University on Friday. Tech was defeated 3-1.
- Griffins 3, Scarlet Hawks 1 (25-22, 12-25, 18-25, 17-25).
How it Happened
- The first set of the match was the strongest for Tech, as the Scarlet Hawks overcame an early 7-3 deficit to win the set. Tech closed the set out on a 4-0 run and clinched the match on a David Allen kill.
- The Griffins never trailed in set two and closed things out on a 12-4 run.
- After a back-and-forth early portion of set three, a 5-1 run for the Griffins put the hosts up 20-13, clearing the path to a 2-1 match lead.
- The Scarlet Hawks hit outstanding in the third set at .355%. Fontbonne, however, hit .455% en route to earing the victory.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Lukasz Kupiec had another double-double with 13 kills (.379%) and 13 assists. He also had eight digs and three blocks (two assisted, one solo).
- Allen narrowly missed a double-double with nine kills and 11 digs.
- Andrew Woltman led Tech with 18 assists.
- Derek Bostick led Tech with 19 digs.
- Evan Robeck and Kyle Bumpass each tallied four blocks (three assisted, one solo).
Stats to Know
- The Scarlet Hawks outdug the Griffins 55-50.
- Fontbonne had 15 assisted blocks while Tech tallied four solo and 12 assisted blocks.
- Fontbonne outhit Tech .197% to .088%.
- Tech takes on both Lakeland (1:00 p.m.) and Greenville (3:00 p.m.) at Greenville on Saturday.