ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill. - The Illinois Tech men's volleyball team traveled to nearby Robert Morris University-Chicago on Wednesday night to take on the NAIA's fifth-ranked team. The Scarlet Hawks were defeated by the Eagles in straight sets.
- Set one: RMU 25, Tech 7
- Set two: RMU 25, Tech 16
- Set three: RMU 25, Tech 15
How it Happened
- The Scarlet Hawks started the match off slow, as RMU scored 15 of the set's first 16 points. The Eagles never looked back and dominated the first set 25-7.
- In set two, the Scarlet Hawks were able to get some momentum going. Tech led early on and hung with the Eagles until a 5-0 run mid-set gave RMU an 18-11 advantage. An Eagles kill clinched the 25-16 set two win.
- The third set featured an early RMU run, as the Eagles built a 12-4 lead. Tech scored three of the set's final four points before the Eagles once again used a kill to close things out.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Illinois Tech will host a quad match on Saturday in the Keating Sports Center.
- Tech is scheduled to oppose Dominican University at 1:00 p.m. and Cardinal Stritch University at 5:00 p.m.
- Matches featuring Calumet College of St. Joseph against Dominican (11:00 a.m.) as well as CCSJ and Cardinal Stritch (5:00 p.m.) will also take place on Saturday.
- Live audio, video, and statistics will be available for all four matches. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.