Jan 19, 2017
CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois Tech men's volleyball team made a short trip south down I-94 to Saint Xavier University on Thursday. The Scarlet Hawks were defeated in straight sets.
- SXU 3, Tech 0 (25-20, 25-14, 25-16)
How it Happened
- The Cougars opened up a large early lead on Tech in set one, taking an 18-9 advantage. However, the Scarlet Hawks mounted a comeback, going on a 4-0 and then a 7-1 run to pull to within four at 24-20. SXU would hang on to win 25-20.
- After the Scarlet Hawks scored the set's first point and led 4-3 early on, but the Cougars took control and led the rest of the set.
- In set three, Saint Xavier took a 6-2 lead before the Scarlet Hawks came back to tie the score at eight with an Evan Robeck service ace. A 5-2 Cougar run vaulted the Cougars into control, holding the lead and closing the set out by scoring the final six points.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Lukasz Kupiec led the Scarlet Hawks with six kills, a .625 hitting percentage, and 12 assists.
- Michael Drews, Robeck, and David Allen totaled four kills each. Allen also tallied two service aces.
- Derek Bostick led the Scarlet Hawks with seven digs. Kyle Bumpass and Yuriy Shepta each had two block assists.
- Tech will play at Robert Morris on Wednesday in Arlington Heights. The match is set to begin at 7:00 p.m.