BOURBONNAIS, Ill. - The Illinois Tech Men's Track and Field team competed at a tough Olivet Nazarene University Tiger Invite on Saturday, facing some of the best competition in the region. Several Scarlet Hawks stepped up and recorded great races, with many personal and season bests recorded.
- Anthony Tuman's performance in the mile was memorable. Trailing the second-place participant in his heat by several seconds heading into the last lap, the sophomore made up all the ground and passed him just before the finish line. He placed 10th out of 41 overall participants with a time of 4:33.87.
- Evan Balizado also put together a 600m race to remember, breaking through in his last lap to pass several runners and place 11th overall and second in his heat at 1:27.12
- Edwin Vallicello Rivera paced Tech in the 400m, coming in 16th at 55.65s.
- Robert Mathis was awesome in the 200m, placing 23rd with a time of 23.61s.
- Cole Dammeier had a strong 3000m time, placing 19th at 9:13.72.
- Ali Naqvi led the way for the Scarlet Hawks in the 60m, tying for 40th at 7.51s. Jacob Gagner (50th, 7.60s) and Dillion Rattray-Mattis (64th, 7.64s) also competed well in the race.
- Barry Brookins competed in two events, with his strongest being the weight throw (19th place, 12.94m).
- Tech will race at the North Central College F. Lee Slick Invite on Friday, February 15 at 4:30 p.m.