Mar 02, 2018
KENOSHA, Wis. - The Illinois Tech men's track and field team competed in the Gill Athletics Final Qualifier on Friday evening in the final indoor meet of the season. In an unscored meet, Tech had some great performances.
- Brendan Batliner was strong in the 400 Meter Dash, placing second with a time of 52.89s.
- A top-five finish for Cole Dammeier in the 1 Mile Run has become commonplace. He finished fourth on Friday with a time of 4:35.58. Anthony Tuman (eighth, 4:40.63) and Tom Doyle (13th, 4:44.67) were also strong.
- In the 800 Meter Run, Doyle (8th, 2:02.94), Dammeier (10th, 2:04.09), and Tuman (12th, 2:04.46) also combined to lead Tech.
- In the 55 Meter Dash, with Oluwaseun Ogunsanya (15th, 6.94s), Demis Thomas (16th, 6.95s), and Brandon Bortei-Doku (19th, 7.12s) all finishing in the Top 20. The trio followed that up with great times in the 200 Meter Dash, with Ogunsanya (fifth, 23.51s) leading the way in front of Thomas (13th, 24.07s) and Bortei-Doku (17th, 24.45s).
- Batliner, Ogunsanya, Doyle, and Tuman combined to lead Tech by 4x400 Meter Relay, placing second with a time of 3:36.43.
- Joseph Yassin was strong in the weight throw, placing fifth at 14.01m.
- The Scarlet Hawks are off until the outdoor season, when Tech will open competition on Saturday, March 24 at the Augustana College Early Spring Opener. The meet is set to begin at 12:00 p.m.