Jan 27, 2018
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's track and field team made the drive south to Illinois Wesleyan University on Saturday to compete in the Top Times Titan Invite. Tech finished in ninth place in the meet.
- In the mile run, both Cole Dammeier (fourth place, 4:44.37) and Tom Doyle (ninth place, 4:51.67) placed in the top half of the meet.
- Doyle was even more impressive in the 800 Meter Run, placing second at 2:03.54. Dammeier placed 14th (2:11.02) in the same event.
- Brendan Batliner was strong in the 400 Meter Dash, recording a time of 53.56s and finishing 12th.
- Both Demis Thomas (24th place, 24.23s) and Saisaketh Valluri (29th, 24.73s) finished in the top half of the 200 Meter Dash.
- Thomas also led the way in the 60 Meter Dash, placing 25th in a large field at 7.45s. Brandon Bortei-Doku (7.53s, 31st) and Oluwaseun Ogunsanya (7.57s, 34th) were not far behind.
- Barry Brookins' best event was the shot put, where he placed 14th with a mark of 11.10m.
- Ryan Fagan tied for eighth in the high jump (1.73m). He also placed ninth in the triple jump at 12.35m.
- The Scarlet Hawks will compete at the Ripon College Red Hawk Invite on Saturday, February 3 in Ripon, Wisconsin.