RENSSELAER, Ind. – The Illinois Tech men's track and field team competed at the Saint Joseph's College Gene and Rose Edmonds Invitational on Saturday. Many Scarlet Hawks competed for the first time this outdoor season, recording strong marks while going up against several NCAA Division I and II programs.
- Cole Dammeier took the momentum from a strong indoor season into his first outdoor meet, placing third in the 5000m with a time of 16:22.30.
- Demis Thomas did the same, placing sixth in the 400m with a time of 55.51s.
- Both David Foreman and Aniruddah Borha competed in the discus, weight throw, and javelin events. Foreman was particularly strong in the javelin, where he placed 17th at 35.75m.
- Isaac Gewarges placed ninth in the 800m with a time of 2:20.81.
- Both Kwame Opoku and Rayan Baig competed in the 100m. Opoku led the way for the Hawks with a 12.83s time.
- The Scarlet Hawks will head to University of Chicago for the Ted Haydon Invitational on Saturday. The starting time is set for 11:00 p.m.