CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's tennis team had a dominant Sunday, moving to 14-9 overall and 6-0 in Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference play with impressive wins over MSOE and Edgewood. Tech downed the Raiders 8-1 in the morning before taking care of the Eagles 9-0 in the afternoon.
Match Highlights – MSOE Match
- The Scarlet Hawks won two of the three doubles matches, securing victories in the top two spots.
- In No. 1, Pol de Santiago and Franklin Zhong were 8-5 winners.
- Brody Croonquist and Davis Housman combined for an 8-3 victory in No. 2
- With Tech taking all six singles matches, each individual who competed stood out.
- Tech's most dominant victory was perhaps in No. 6, where Croonquist downed MSOE's Bryan Roob 6-1, 6-1.
Match Highlights – Edgewood Match
- In doubles, Tech won the first two spots before winning No. 3 on default.
- Mohammed Shamel and Yousef Abdo were 8-1 winners in No. 1.
- In No. 2, Housman and Croonquist once again combined for an 8-3 win.
- Singles featured four victories and two wins by default,
- Both Housman (No. 2) and Adam Laitinen (No. 3) allowed their opponents to win just three games. Housman was a 6-3, 6-0 winner over EC's Sabastion Seeger, while Laitinen down Jackson Venske 6-2, 6-1.
- Tech's perfect run in conference looks to continue next weekend with matches at Concordia-Chicago (10:00 a.m.) and Dominican (2:00 p.m.).