DECORAH, Iowa – The Illinois Tech men's swimming and diving team kicked-off the Liberal Arts Championships on Wednesday evening with both the 800 Yard Freestyle Relay and the 1 Meter Diving events. Tech sits in second place at Luther College after the first day with a score of 49 points.
Day One Scores
- Franklin (77)
- Illinois Tech (49)
- Luther (44)
- Loras (42)
- Coe (32)
- Morningside (28)
- Simpson (24)
Day One Highlights
- Tech's 800 yard Freestyle Relay team of Julian Escasa, Seth Wissenbach, Jay Korhonen, and Karsen Diepholz was dominant, placing second (7:01.08) and improving its seed time by over eight seconds. The group trailed Franklin College by less than four seconds and defeated third-place Coe by over six seconds.
- David Polzin partook in the day's 1 Meter Diving event, placing fourth with a score of 312.20.
Day Two Preview
- Thursday's events at the LAC Championships are set to be the 200 Yard Freestyle Relay, 500 Yard Freestyle, 200 Yard Individual Medley, 50 Yard Freestyle, and the 400 Yard Medley Relay.
- Preliminaries for these events will begin at 10:00 a.m., with the finals taking place at 6:00 p.m.
- Luther College will provide live video and live results for each of the day's events.