Jan 20, 2018
WAUKESHA, Wis. – The Illinois Tech men's swimming and diving team continued to roll on Saturday, downing Carroll University in a road dual meet 213-80. The win moved Tech to 8-3 in dual meets on the season.
- Tech had the top three finishers in the 1000 Yard Freestyle, as Miles Thompson (10:22.68), Peyton Goetschel (10:38.00), and Zachary Bonson (10:46.99) led the way.
- In the 200 Yard Freestyle, the top four finishers were all courtesy of Tech: Karsen Diepholz (1:48.04), Seth Wissenbach (1:52.69), RJ Schroeders (1:56.78), and Grant Kitahata (1:58.51).
- Wissenbach was also strong in the 100 Yard Butterfly, winning with a time of 53.87s. Julian Escasa was not far behind, coming in second at 53.99s.
- The trio of Schroeders (5:14.72), Kitahata (5:24.50), and Benjamin Cohen (5:29.66) paced atop the leaderboard in the 500 Yard Freestyle.
- Jay Kornonen (2:00.00) and Ryan Escasa (2:07.23) occupied the top spots in the 200 yard Individual Medley. Korhonen also won the 100 Yard Breaststroke (1:04.18), where he was followed by Louis German (1:04.82).
- Matthew Randle continued his impressive freshman season with a 100 Yard Backstroke winning time of 56.73s.
- The 200 Yard Medley Relay team of Diepholz, Louis German, Ryan Escasa, and Tyler Van Wagener won with a time of 1:43.01.
- To close out the day, the 400 Yard Freestyle Relay team of Julian Escasa, Van Wagener, Randle, and Bonson won with a time of 3:20.65.
- After a weekend off, the Scarlet Hawks will return home for Senior Day on Saturday, February 3 to host Lake Forest College. Live video will be available for the 1:00 p.m. meet.