Nov 18, 2017
CHICAGO, Ill. – Illinois Tech men's swimming and diving team continued the University of Chicago Phoenix Fall Classic on Saturday. Tech ended the day in fifth place in the 11-team meet with a total of 188 points.
- Tech's top 200 Yard Medley Relay team of Matthew Randle, Louis German, Ryan Escasa, and Seth Wissenbach placed 16th with a time of 1:39.60.
- Jay Korhonen placed 11th in the 200 Yard Individual Medley with a season-best time of 1:58.18.
- In the 500 Yard Freestyle, Karsen Diepholz placed eighth with a time of 4:53.28.
- Julian Escasa swam well in the 100 Yard Freestyle, qualifying for the finals and placing 13th at 47.98s.
- Wissenbach and Ryan Escasa both reached the finals in the 200 Yard Butterfly. Wissenbach placed 10th (1:57.88), while Escasa placed 11th (1:58.77).
- The 800 Yard Freestyle Relay team of Diepholz, Korhonen, Wissenbach, and Julian Escasa was strong, placing sixth with a time of 7:09.63.
- The meet wraps up on Sunday, with preliminary rounds beginning at 10:00 a.m. Finals for the day's events will take place at 5:00 p.m.