ANDERSON, Ind. – On Saturday, the Illinois Tech men's swimming and diving team trekked to Anderson, Ind. for a second meet in as many days. The Scarlet Hawks defeated host Anderson University 162-36, but fell short to Franklin 127-77.
- Jay Korhonen bested the competition in the 200 Yard IM with his time of 2:03.35. He was followed closely by Ryan Escasa, who touched second with a 2:04.15 time. Matthew Randle placed fourth with a time of 2:07.03.
- The Scarlet Hawks dominated in the 100 Yard Butterfly, leading the event with first and second place finishes by Ryan Escasa (53.46s) and Seth Wissenbach (55.07s). Wissenbach earned a second place finish (22.63s) in the 50 Yard Freestyle and the 100 Yard Breaststroke (1:03.14) as well.
- Miles Thompson was strong in the 1000 Yard Freestyle, placing second at 10:37.87.
- In the 200 Yard Freestyle, Julian Escasa (second place, 1:48.25) and Karsen Diepholz (third place, 1:49.34) finished in the top three. Diepholz was also impressive in the 500 Yard Freestyle (4:59.81).
- Julian Escasa (55.73s) and Randle (56.90s) were also strong in the 100 Yard Backstroke, placing second and third respectively.
- Tech hosts both UW-Whitewater and Beloit College on Saturday at 1:00 p.m. at Ecko Pool. A live video stream will be available of the meet.