LOVES PARK, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's soccer team captured a huge road victory against Northern Athletic Collegiate Conference Rockford on Saturday.
The Scarlet Hawks (6-4, 2-4 NACC) defeated the Regents (7-6-1, 2-4 NACC), 2-1, at Wedgbury Stadium in Loves Park, Ill.
How It Happened
- Rockford got on the scoreboard first as the Regents scored a goal in the sixth minute by Simeon Adesina to take the early 1-0 lead.
- Illinois Tech responded as Christopher Reed found Luke Holzman as he found the back of the net to tie it at 1-all in the 31st minute.
- Nine minutes after Christopher Redd assisted in a goal, he again assisted, as Peter Fouchet was able to get a goal to give the Scarlet Hawks a 2-1 lead, which ended up being the game-winning goal in the 40th minute.
- The Scarlet Hawks outshot the Regents, 8-7, Saturday.
- Illinois Tech had five corner kickers, compared to Rockford's one.
- Alex Kern picked up his first victory of the season as Kern allowed a goal but also recorded three saves in the first half.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Christopher Reed assisted twice to help the Scarlet Hawks win 2-1 over Rockford.
- Goalkeeper Alex Kern picked up three saves.
- Luke Holzman led the Scarlet Hawks with two shots with both being goal and scored a goal.
- Peter Fouchet
- Illinois Tech returns to action Monday, October 8 as the Scarlet Hawks host non-conference opponent Maranatha Baptist, match time scheduled to start at 6:00 p.m.