Oct 09, 2017
CHICAGO, Ill. – Illinois Tech hosted and shut out the Grace Bible Tigers to extend the current winning streak to six games on Monday.
How It Happened
- Tech dominated the first half, creating several scoring opportunities and pressuring the Tigers' goaltender, Jake Larson, with five shots on goal. The front attack of Norikazu Honda, Christopher Reed and Brandon Bortei-Doku was effective, playing most of the first half and producing 14 shots in the first period.
- After some sustained pressure to begin the second period, Grace Bible's defense began to tire. Tech picked up where they left off in the first half and eventually broke through the Tigers' line. Michael Podsiadly had the first goal of the game on a header in the 68th minute after a corner kick and multiple rebounds. Oluwaseun Ogunsanya assisted on the goal.
- Reed put the game away late with an unassisted breakaway goal that got past Larson on a tipped header and left the net vacant. Bortei-Doku, Honda and Reed were able to out-hustle the Tigers for the duration of the match.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Christopher Reed scored a goal with two total shots on goal
- Michael Podsiadly scored his goal with his only shot on goal
- Honda and Noah Kwortnik both added three shots on goal
- Bortei-Doku also added two shots on goal
Stats to Know
- The Scarlet Hawks outshot the Tigers 23-5
- Saves were in favor of Tech (9-2)
- Tech dominated Corner Kicks 14-1
- The Scarlet Hawks are now 8-3-1 after winning six straight
- The Scarlet Hawks will travel to Andrews on Friday for a 3:00 p.m. match