Sep 16, 2017
CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois Tech Scarlet Hawks hosted Beloit College for Saturday night's Homecoming game. Despite a large possession advantage, the Scarlet Hawks fell to the Buccaneers 2-0.
How it Happened
- In the eighth minute, Jose Gutierrez fired a beautiful free kick from about 35 yards out, finding the back of the net in the top left corner to put Beloit up 1-0.
- Gutierrez's shot was just one of our attempted by the Bucs in the first half, as Tech outshot the opponent 13-4. However, the score was still 1-0 Beloit heading to halftime.
- The second half was more of the same, as Illinois Tech held a 9-3 shot advantage in the 45 minutes.
- Beloit capitalized on another one of its limited chances, scoring in the 88th minute to ice the match.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Diego Gutierrez Coronel led Tech with six shots and three shots on goal.
- Norikazu Honda attempted three shots and two shots on goal.
- Santiago Bartolome also took three shot attempts, two of which were on net.
Stats to Know
- The final shot count was 22-7 in favor of Tech, 10-5 on net.
- Jere Bauer made 10 saves for Beloit.
- Tech was active on corners, outdoing Beloit 13-1 in the category.
- Tech will host St. Mary's (Minn.) on Wednesday night at 6:00 p.m. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.