- All students, faculty, staff and current Keating Sports Center members using the facility MUST show a university ID or membership pass at the front desk located in the lobby.
- If proper identification is not shown, the customer will not be allowed usage of the facility.
- All bags, jackets, and extra belongings are not allowed up stairs on or around the floors. You must rent a daily or semester locker to keep your things in.
- Keating Sports Center is a privileged and limited university recreational center in which membership rules and policies should be strongly enforced for the safety of the IIT community.
- One guest may be sponsored by a currently enrolled IIT student or a Keating Sports Center member
- Each guest must pay a $10 fee to use the facility, no change will be given
- Each guest must provide a government issued ID and sign a Guest Waiver
- The ID of the sponsor must be collected with the guests. Sponsors must remain in the facility and in the same activity area as their guest at all times. If a sponsor leaves the facility, the guest must accompany them.
Equipment Checkout Policy
- A university ID must be collected prior to all equipment check out at the front desk
- Only current students/staff/faculty may check out equipment. Keating Sports Center members may not check out equipment.
- The person who checks out the equipment must be the one to return it
- If equipment is returned damaged, damages will be documented and the person who checked out the equipment may be charged for the replacement
- Racquetballs, squash balls, and shuttlecocks are available to purchase for $2 each, no change will be given
Fitness Room Policies
- Proper training attire must be worn at all times. This includes gym shoes, gym shorts and shirt.
- Jeans, dress shoes, sandals, and/or bare feet are NOT allowed
- Belongings must be kept in the locker room (coat, bags, etc.)
- DO NOT drop or throw weight plates or dumbbells.
- Return free weights to proper racks after each use.
- Wipe down machines after use.
- Food, drink, candy, gum, tobacco (chew) and toothpicks are not permitted in the weight room.
- The Fitness Room closes 10 minutes before the facility, please respect the student workers when they tell you it is closing time
- Misuse of equipment and facilities will result in immediate expulsion from the use of Keating Sports Center.
- Limit use on cardio equipment to 20 MINUTES during peak hours (peak hours are generally 5pm-11pm, but also include any time all cardio equipment is in use)